- ITIL® is Information Technology Infrastructure Library
- ITIL® contains a comprehensive set of best practices that are used to develop and execute IT service management. It offers a number of benefits, including increased competitive advantage through cost reduction, growth, and agility; more business efficiency through streamlining of IT processes; enhanced IT value through business & IT operational and goal alignment; and improved internal customer & user satisfaction.
- AXELOS® (www.axelos.com) is the owner of ITIL® and is a joint venture between Capita Inc & the Cabinet Office of the Government of UK. Capita® Inc outbid the competitors in 2013 to own the best practices portfolio.
- The best practices are documented in 5 Core Books giving guidance and recommendations.
- ITIL® underwent an update n August 2011 to reflect technology changes.
- ITIL® stresses the need for a strong executive sponsor Implementing ITIL® practices is a culture change initiative for most organizations.
- ITIL® is a set of approaches and best practices. It is a model for managing the whole IT service life-cycle. It is non-prescriptive
- ITIL® is a series of approaches and guidances in all areas of service management. Therefore, organizations can implement some or the entire overall model and can implement ITIL® in stages
The ITIL® training and certification course is for IT professionals and practitioners involved in the strategy, design, implementation and delivery of business IT services who require an insight into service management best practice
ITIL provides a robust framework for identifying, planning, delivering and supporting IT services that can be adapted and applied to all business and organizational environments. It helps manage business risk and service disruption failure, establish cost-effective systems, develop customer relationships and support business change
None: While there are no prerequisites are there for ITIL Foundation, an exposure to the Information Technology Systems or a familiarity in IT will be a definite plus.