ITIL4 FOUNDATION (VT)
About this Course?
Get started with your ITIL 4 certification training with this online course from 4PA!
Formerly known as the ‘Information Technology Infrastructure Library’, ITIL 4 is a world-class framework for managing and optimizing IT services. This course was designed not only to prepare you to pass the ITIL 4 Foundation exam on your first attempt, but also to give you a solid understanding of the purpose and benefits of the ITIL framework. Kickstart your path to becoming an ITIL Expert today!
Who is this course aimed at?
- Anyone looking to start working towards becoming a fully certified ITIL 4 Expert
- Organizations intending to start adopting ITIL 4 best practices
- ITSM team members or managers who require an understanding of the ITIL framework
- Professionals hoping to pursue careers in IT management with a globally-recognized qualification
What will you learn by taking this course?
- How the ITIL best practice framework is used to boost the efficiency, effectiveness and overall quality of IT-powered products and services
- An overview of the tools, methodologies, purpose, and components of ITIL 4, including the ITIL Service Lifecycle and the Service Value System
- The key concepts and value of ITSM both to IT product and service providers and their customers
- How ITIL’s guiding principles can help organizations adopt and adapt service management best practices
- The activities of the Service Value Chain, and how they interconnect
- The purpose and key terms of 18 ITIL practices, along with the seven essential practices
- How to become an ITIL 4 Expert by understanding the new certification path, including the streams for ITIL Managing Professional (MP) and ITIL Strategic Leader (SL)
- How to incorporate ITIL 4 with other leading frameworks, such as Lean, DevOps, and Agile
- Everything needed to pass the official ITIL 4 Foundation exam
He has over 25 years of experience in creating value for organizations of all sizes. His expertise & experience in delivering training & consulting solutions can help your organization succeed faster with lesser risks.
Section ; 1 About the course and Why ITIL.
1. About the Course?
2. Download the Reference / Study Guide
3. ITIL4 Foundation Exam Fundamentals
4. ITIL4 Other Cerrtifications after foundation
Quiz 1: Quiz:About the course and Why ITIL.
Section ; 2 – Introduction to ITIL4 and the Structure
1. 4th Ind Revolution, VUCA and ITIL
2. Service Management
4. Organizations and People
5. Services and Products
6. Service Offerings
7. Service Relationships
11. Utility and Warranty
Quiz 2: Quiz: Introduction to ITIL4 and the Structure.
Section ; 3 – Four Dimensions of Service Management
1. Four Dimensions of Service Management
2. Organizations and People
3. Information and Technology
4. Partners and Suppliers
5. Value Streams and Processes
7. Applying the Four Dimensions
Quiz 3: Quiz: Four Dimensions of Service Management.
Section ; 4 – Service Value System
1. Service Value System
2. Opportunity, Demand, and Value
Quiz 4: Quiz: Service Value System.
Section ; 5 – Guiding Principles
1. Guiding Principles
2. Focus on Value
3. Start Where You Are
4. Progress Iteratively with Feedback
5. Collaborate and Promote Visibility
6. Think and Work Holistically
7. Keep It Simple and Practical
8. Optimize and Automate
Quiz 5: Quiz: Guiding Principles.
Section ; 6 – Governance and IT Systems
1. What is Governance?
2. Components of Governance and Examples
3. Governance Fraeworks like COBIT2019
Quiz 6: Quiz: Service Value Chain.
Section ; 7 – Service Value Chain
1. Service Value Chain
4. Design and Transition
6. Deliver and Support
8. Value Stream Examples
Quiz 7: Quiz: Service Value Chain.
Section ; 8 – Continual Improvement
1. Continual Improvement
2. Continual Improvement Model
3. What is the Vision?
4. Where are We Now?
5. Where Do We Want to Be?
6. How Do We Get There?
7. Take Action
8. Did We Get There?
9. How Do We Keep the Momentum Going?
10. Continual Improvement and the Guiding Principles
Quiz 8: Quiz: Continual Improvement.
Section ; 9 – General Management Practices
Categories of Practices
Section ; 10- General Management Practices
1. Continual Improvement
2. Information Security Management
3. Relationship Management
4. Supplier Management
5. Architecture Management
6. Knowledge Management
7. Measurement and Reporting
8. Organizational Change Management
9. Portfolio Management
10. Risk Management
11. Service Financial Management
12. Strategy Management
13. Workforce and Talent Management
Quiz 8: Quiz: General Management Practices.
Section ; 11 – Service Management Practices
1. Service Management Practices
2. Change Control
3. Incident Management
4. Problem Management
5. Service Desk
6. Service Level Management
7. Service Request Management
8. IT Asset Management
9. Monitoring and Event Management
10. Release Management
11. Service Configuration Management
12. Business Analysis
13. Capacity and Performance Management
14. Service Catalog Management
15. Service Continuity Management
16. Service Design
17. Service Validation and Testing
Quiz 9: Quiz: Service Management Practices.
Section ; 12 – Technical Management Practices
1. Technical Management Practices
2. Deployment Management
3. Infrastructure and Platform Management
4. Software Development and Management
Quiz 10: Quiz: Technical Management Practices.
Section 13: Summary
1. Putting It All Together
2. Conclusion and What next?
Section 12: Full-length Practice Exams (2)
Practice Test 2: ITIL® 4 Foundation (Practice Exam #2)
In order to achieve your ITIL Foundation qualification, you must pass the ITIL® 4 Foundation exam. You can take the exam online (virtually) using a service provided by PeopleCert.
When you have completed this course, you will be ready to start preparing for the ITIL 4 Foundation exam. To support you with this, this eLearning course contains two practice exams that will simulate the conditions of the real thing.
This course comes with a FREE exam voucher and is eligible for exam pledge (a free resit on us!) – That’s how confident we are that you’ll pass first time!
Before booking your exam, it will be a good idea to make sure that your device meets the technical requirements. You can do so via this online test. This test will examine the suitability of your webcam, microphone and internet connection. Please visit the PeopleCert website for more information and guidance.
ITIL 4 Foundation Certification exam:
- This is a multiple-choice ‘Objective Test Question’ (OTQ) exam consisting of 40 questions
- There is a time limit of 60 minutes to complete the exam
- The exam is closed book, with only the provided materials being permitted for use
- The pass mark for the exam is 65%: you must get 26 out of 40 questions correct
- In countries where English is a second language, the time allocated for the exam is extended to 75 minutes
You will be tested on:
- The key concepts of service management
- How the ITIL guiding principles can help an organization adopt and adapt service management
- The four dimensions of service management
- The purpose and components of the ITIL service value system
- The activities of the service value chain, and how they interconnect
- The purpose and key terms of 18 ITIL practices
- The 7 essential ITIL practices
Online Exam Detail
What is ITSM?
ITSM stands for ‘IT Service Management’: using policies, procedures, and best practices to optimize IT services for clients and employees.
What is ITIL 4?
ITIL 4 is the latest iteration of ITIL, the world’s leading framework for ITSM. It offers a series of best practices to help IT-powered organizations design, develop, and continually improve their IT services.
What does the ITIL certification path look like?
Students start with ‘ITIL Foundation’. Passing the Foundation exam then enables them to choose modules in the ‘ITIL Managing Professional’ or ‘ITIL Strategic Leader’ streams.
After passing all intermediate modules, students can then move on to the rank of ‘ITIL Master’.
How does ITIL work?
ITIL provides users with a set of best practices for creating optimized IT services. It establishes cultures of continuous improvement, ensuring that users can enjoy long term benefits with IT services continually aligned with business goals and strategies.
It also aims for resource optimization and looks to continually improve essential processes.
How can ITIL benefit businesses?
ITIL 4 is a modernized framework that fully-equips users to optimize their IT practices. It creates cultures of continuous improvement, enabling organizations to deliver top-quality IT products and services whilst also continually reviewing their own processes.
ITIL 4 is also highly adaptable, not only making it future-proof but also allowing users to combine it with other popular methodologies such as DevOps.
What’s new with ITIL 4?
AXELOS is a joint venture company behind a variety of highly popular best practice frameworks, including ITIL 4, PRINCE2, MSP, and AgileSHIFT.
What other frameworks can complement ITIL?
ITIL 4 can be integrated with several other frameworks, including Agile, DevOps, and Lean. Some practitioners even use it alongside PRINCE2.
Exam voucher included
Free resit (T&C apply)*
Course duration: 8+ hours
Access period: 3 months
Quizzes & practice exams
Acknowledgement : ITIL® is a [registered] trademark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.